Gents Hostel : MEAEC
- Jb Sadique Ali Shihab Thangal, General Secretary, MEAEC
- Jb M. C. Mayin Haji, Secretary
- Jb Abdul Hameed Master, MLA, Secretary
- Mr C. K. Zubair, Administration Manager
- Dr V. H. Abdul Salam, Director
- Dr G. Ramesh, Principal
- Prof. Haneesh Babu K. T., Vice Principal
HMC Co-Convener & Non- Residential Warden
- Prof. Sreeram S., Dean (Academics)
- Mr Musthafa P., Asst. Professor, Dept. of EEE (Deputy Warden, Boy’s Hostel)
- Mr. Aneeshkumar B. – Asst. Professor, Dept. of CSE
- Mr. Shahad P. – Asst. Professor, Dept. of CSE
- Dr. Hussain – Asst. Professor, Dept. of ME
- Mr. Jazeel Sha – Asst. Professor, Dept. of CE
- Mr. Sijoy K.J., –Asst. Professor, Dept. of ECE
- Mr. Ajamal K.T. – Asst. Professor, Dept. of EEE
- Mr. Muhammed Bava – Asst. Professor, Dept. of S&H
Hostel Monitoring Cell
- The HMC’s decision shall be final in the interpretation of the rules and in all matters connected with the hostel.
- The renovation and progress of various hostel projects should be assessed and supervised by the HMC.
- Code of conduct, facilities for studying etc. will be implemented and introduced by the HMC.
- A proper time-table for all activities including study, breakfast, lunch and supper, as published by the HMC, should be maintained in the Hostel according to the bell ringing system.
- Co-curricular activities – Hostel Day, Fresher’s Day etc, will be conducted only with the permission of HMC and under the supervision of faculty members.
- HMC is authorized to report the all matters regarding College Hostels to the Management and/ or Chief Warden.
- Frequent surprise visits / raids by HMC will be conducted in the hostels. During such visits, Residential Wardens should extend full cooperation and assistance as and when required.
- The HMC has powers to frame standing orders to regulate internal matters and other details not explicitly covered by these rules.
- Resident Warden and Resident Tutors shall assist the HMC in exercising control over the boarders. The senior most Asst. Warden will be in charge of current duties of the Resident Warden during his/her absence. The Resident Wardens, Asst. Wardens and Resident Tutors are appointed by the HMC. The HMC will have the freedom to delegate any of his powers to the Resident Wardens, Asst. Wardens and Resident Tutors.
Rules and Regulations to be followed by the Inmates
- Member should keep their rooms compulsory clean. The rooms, doors etc. should not be disfigured by writing, sticking bills, posters etc.
- They should behave with restraint and decorum. Shouting, reading aloud and other acts likely to disturb other inmates should be avoided.
- All inmates are expected to be in the hostel before 7pm. Late comers will be admitted only after signing in the late register.
- Ragging of any sort will attract the severest punishment.
- The attendance of inmates will be recorded by Resident Warden / Assistant Wardens at 8.15 pm in the Boys’ hostel. Defaulters list (Boys & Girls) should be submitted to HMC office on or before 9.45 pm and defaulters list of Girls Hostel should be submitted to the Residential Warden on or before 7.30 pm. After the roll call, members shall not use the radio, nor play games, nor leave the hostel without the permission of the Residential Warden.
- The inmates should sleep and work in their own rooms.
- Members are not permitted to convene meeting of any sort anywhere in the hostel or its premises without the HMC’s written permission obtained on a written requisition.
- No circular or subscription list shall be taken round except with the permission of the HMC.
- Members are forbidden ill-treating any of the hostel servants and having dealing with servants.
- Visiting hours in the hostel will be regulated by the HMC.
- All correspondence regarding the hostel should be addressed to the HMC.
- Smoking and use of alcoholic drinks and drugs are strictly prohibited in the hostel and its premises.
- All mobile phones should be surrendered to the Residential Warden and the same will be strictly monitored. Unauthorized phones should be seized which will be returned back only during in the end of the academic year, while vacating the hostel.
- Use of Laptops is permissible only for final and pre-final year students and that too only for academic purpose. Inmates should register their Laptop details with the HMC.
- Hostel should be closed at 9 AM. Water and Electricity supply will not be provided during College Class hours to the hostel.
- All lights should be switched off at 11 PM and thereafter, inmates can study in the Common Study Room.
- Misconduct or breach of any of these rules of the hostel will render the offender liable to fine, suspension or dismissal.
- For disciplinary issues the punishments are as follows:
a) For minor incidents – issue of memos with severe warnings
b) For major incidents – suspension from the College Hostel and guilty students will not be readmitted to the Hostel under any circumstance. Parents will also be intimated.
- No student is allowed to bring a guest into the hostel to stay with them without the permission of the HMC. If a guest is allowed by the HMC, the member introducing the guest is responsible for all the charges incurred by the guest. The guest rates including rent will be fixed by the HMC from time to time. No guest can remain in the hostel for more than 3 days. The guest can be only an immediate relative of the host. No student of this College can be the guest of an inmate. The guest will be allowed subject to availability of accommodation.
- No member may introduce more than one guest at a time. The guest shall not be transferred from one member to another.
- The guest will also have to obey the rules and regulations of the hostel.
- The HMC shall have the power to refuse permission to any particular person as a guest without assigning any reason.
The member who introduces the guest shall supply the following details to the HMC while he applies.
- Name of the host and room number.
- Relationship of the guest to the host
- Name of the guest with address.
- Reason for staying in the hostel.
- Date and time of arrival.
- Number of days of stay.
- Signature of the host.
- Inmates of hostels will be automatically members of the hostel mess. The working of the mess will be under the control of the person / group recommended by the HMC.
- Before the first day of every month the inmates of the mess shall, from among themselves, elect a representative. Elected student representative will oversee working of the mess for the month, subject to the control of the HMC. If at any time, there is no elected representative, the HMC or person nominated by HMC shall have power to make necessary arrangements to run the mess until the representative is duly elected.
- Mess timing will be fixed by the HMC from time to time.
- Sick Diet may be provided for members who are ill.
- Members are not allowed to take utensils and food to their rooms under any circumstances.
- Mess will be functioning for 11 months out of which 1 month is free.
- Mess charges are fixed as Rs:2800*/Month – [No mess cut]
- The charges for extra items shall be fixed from time to time and notified. The list of extra items taken by the members will be entered in a book which will be open for inspection by the members.
- Admission is confined to students of the MEA Engineering College, Perinthalmanna
- Application for admission in prescribed form should be addressed to the HMC. Student have to apply online via AMS.
- The HMC will have the right to refuse admission to any applicant without assigning reasons.
- Staff members of the College may be admitted as regular boarders, at the discretion of the HMC on condition of payment of rent and mess dues as for student inmates.
- Each student on admission should pay Rs. 10000/- as caution deposit. Caution deposit will not be refunded before completion of the course.
Declaration of Discipline
- The declaration in the application form, in respect of discipline and payment of dues, should be signed by each student, his parent or guardian.
Allotment of Rooms
- Room will be allotted at the discretion of the HMC during every year.
- Each student will be responsible for the furniture supplied to him / her. The student may bring in other articles only with the permission of the HMC. Students shall not tamper with the electrical fittings in the room. They must switch off lights when they go to sleep and switch off lights/fans when they leave the room.