Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering in MEA engineering college is established in the year 2005 with UG program (B.tech) under University of Calicut with an intake of 60 students.. In 2012 the department started its PG program specializing in Power Electronics and Drives with an intake of 18 students. In 2014, the strength of student is increased to 24. From 2015 onward both UG and PG programs are under Kerala Technological University. The department is driven by a team of highly motivated, dedicated and experienced teachers supported by a strong team of lab technicians. The department has excellent infrastructural facilities including smart class rooms and well equipped laboratories. As a part of an organisation which works for the centre of excellence, we continuously motivate our students to thrive and survive the challenges of this world's extreme competitions.
Vision & Mission
To be a premier hub for producing Electrical and Electronics Engineering graduates trained of great scope, socially and professionally responsible to meet global challenges with cutting edge and innovative technologies.
- To create centre for knowledge transfer in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To emerge as a centre of excellence in promoting industry and academic partnership.
- To instigate research activities for students and faculties to make them innovator designers and solution providers.
- To meet various demands of the nation in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering by providing intellectual problem solving technologies with social and professional responsibilities.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- To Educate and train graduates so as to equip them with the necessary academic background and practical experience needed to function as Electrical & Electronics Engineering professionals in a modern, ever-changing world.
- To prepare graduants for successful careers in industry to meet the needs of various organizational functions.
- To equip the graduants with ability to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to product design.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary Project so as to enable them better role players.
- To equip the graduants with foundation of the mathematical, scientific and engineering information necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems.
- To promote awareness of the life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
Programme Outcomes (PO)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: “Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.”
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader of a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Entrepreneurship-To inculcate the students in such a way that they will be able to start up a new technical mission and run successfully with idea pitching and implementing skills earned through the programme.
- Research Ability-Students by the end of the programme will be able to identify real time technical issues related to electrical engineering, formulate and execute them with innovative ideas and latest tools.
- Hardware and Software Skills-By the end of the programme, students would have been trained and skilled in various hardware and software package tools related to electrical engineering and hence they would be able to solve various technical issues in real time.