Mr C.K. Zubair
+91 9447 946 595
Mr Haneesh Babu KT (Vice-Principal): +91 8547241976
Mr Zubair CK (Administration Manager): +91 9447946595
Mr Muhammed Salim P. :+91 9495076587
Mr Ajmal Hussain : +91 9847938807
Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission. However, Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 45% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission under Management Quota. Candidates should have qualified in the engineering entrance test KEAM conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala or KEE Entrance Examination conducted by Kerala Self Financing Engineering Colleges Management Association under the supervision of admission supervisory committee or JEE.
How to Apply
Formal Application forms for admission can be obtained from the college office in person on payment of Rs. 600/– or by post on payment of Rs. 650/– by demand Draft. Application forms can also be downloaded from the website of the college. Such applications have to be submitted along with DD of Rs. 600/–in favour of The Principal, MEA Engineering College payable at Perinthalmanna. The duly filled in application along with attested copies of necessary documents can be submitted directly or by registered post with A/D to the college so as to reach the college office on or before the prescribed date. Applications submitted to the college should be complete in all respects. The candidate should fill in all the items in the Application form in his/her own handwriting.
Copies of Certificate / Documents to be Submitted along with the B.Tech. Application form
- Copies of +2 and 10th certificates.
- Mark lists of qualifying examination and entrance examination.
In cases where the candidates claim any sort of reservation or special consideration, documents to prove such claims.
Application which is not accompanied by the documents in proof of claims for reservation will not be considered in such categories. Requests for Documents/ Certificates furnished after submission of the application will not be entertained under any circumstances. Late and incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Admission and Allotment of seats will be strictly on the basis of Common Merit List and counselling.
- The admission will be on the basis of marks obtained for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry / Equivalent subjects in the qualifying examination, subject to any order from Court/Govt.
- The marks obtained by the students who have passed the qualifying examination from boards other than Kerala, will be compared to that of Kerala HSC as a normalization process and a rank list will be published. The selection is based on the rank list.
- Furnishing any false information / particulars will lead to cancellation of admission, if granted and in addition, will attract penalty and other relevant provision of Criminal Law.
- Merit list for admission will be published on the College Website/Notice Board.
- The candidate should have passed B.Tech. Course in respective branch or equivalent from an institution approved by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University and All India Council for Technical Education.
- The candidates should have passed the B.Tech Course or Equivalent from any institution affiliated to a recognized University and approved by AICTE with 60% aggregate marks in the Engineering Degree Examination. (for SEBC students, a minimum of 54% aggregate marks is mandatory). For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the Engineering Degree course is sufficient.
- Candidates who have passed AMIE/AMIETE examination and satisfy the following conditions are also eligible for admission.
They must have valid GATE score.
A minimum mark of 55% for section B in AMIE/MIETE examinations.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final Examinations may also apply provided the results are made available at the time of admission.
- Admission is restricted to those with valid GATE score on merit basis. In case seats remain vacant due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score, candidates from Kerala State will be considered on the basis of merit in qualifying examination.
How to Apply
Application forms can be downloaded from the college website. Downloaded applications are to be submitted with a DD of Rs 650/– (Rupees Six Hundred and Fifty only) drawn in favour of The Principal – MEA Engineering College, payable at Perinthalmanna. Duly filled application form along with self attested copies of necessary documents should be submitted in person or by Registered post with A/D to the College office.
- The selection of the candidate will be based on their GATE score.
- Any vacant seat will be filled from Non GATE candidates.
- Merit list for the different categories will be published on the College website/Notice board.
- Selected candidate shall take admission on the stipulated time by paying the tuition and other fees including those to be paid to the University.
- Transfer certificate issued from the institution last attended must be produced at the time of admission.
Postgraduate Degree in Engineering leading to the award of master Degree in appropriate branches shall extend over a period of 24 months consisting of 4 semesters. Duration is counted from the day of starting of classes of first semester. Credit system is adopted for the course. Grade point average is calculated on the basis of all courses taken by the student.
Copies of documents to be submitted along with M.Tech. Application form
- Copies of Qualifying examination certificate/ provisional certificate and mark lists.
- GATE score card
- Community certificate issued by the competent authority for candidates claiming eligibility for reservation quota
- SSLC/ Equivalent certificate
Tuition fee per year will be realized as per the direction of the Admission Supervisory Committee of the Govt. of Kerala. The prescribed Fee is to be paid in the month of June every year. Fee will be accepted by way of DD only. DD has to be drawn at any bank favoring the Principal MEA Engineering College and payable at Perinthalmanna/ Malappuram. Delay in payment of fee may lead to fine and/or prohibition to attend classes.
Allotment of Branch
The branch of study will be allotted in accordance with the rank obtained.
15% of seats are earmarked for the dependents of NRI. Such candidates are required to produce a relevant certificate to support the claim. The format of the certificate can be had from the College Office. NRI candidates are exempted from appearing in Entrance Exam.
Lateral Entry Scheme is approved by the Government of Kerala as per G.O. (Ms) No. 156/2002/H.Edn. Dated 13.11.2002 for 10% of the sanctioned seats in addition to total seats. Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering/ Technology awarded by any state board of Technical Education of Institutions under Govt. of India after undergoing regular course with at least 45% marks (42% in the case of candidates belonging to SEBC and OEC category and 40% in the case of candidate belonging to SC/ ST category) who have passed the Lateral Entry test conducted by Govt. of Kerala are eligible for admission to the second year of the B.Tech. Programme. All candidates should produce a certificate showing the duration of the course and the details of the certificate issuing authority properly authenticated by the head of institution concerned, in the space provided in the body of the application form.
Tuition fee Waiver
As per the direction of the AICTE and Government of Kerala, 5% of students in every stream of course will be provided with Tuition Fee Waiver based on merit.
- B.Tech. – Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission. No upper age limit.
- B.Tech. (Lateral Entry Scheme) – The upper age limit is 30 years.
Denial of Admission
For genuine reasons, management will have the right to deny admission to any candidate: Selected candidates shall take admission at the stipulated time and date after paying the tuition and other fees, failing which the offer of admission will be cancelled.
Cancellation of Admission
Subject to Conditions
- Students seeking admission in this College under merit quota through the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations are governed by the rules as prescribed in the prospectus of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- Students seeking admission under Management quota should accept the admission as their last choice and they will not be allowed to discontinue the course under any circumstances.
- If any information on documents furnished along with the application by a candidate is found false or ineligible at a later stage, his or her admission will be cancelled.
Documents to be Produced at the Time of Admission
- SSLC / Equivalent Certificate
- Equivalency/ Recognition Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Community and Income Certificate (If Applicable)
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last attended
- Entrance Hall ticket (B.Tech.), Gate Score card (M.Tech.)
- Data Sheet of Entrance (B.Tech.)
- Allotment Memo (Only Govt. Seat Students)
- 4 Copies of passport photograph
|M E A ENGINEERING COLLEGE, PERINTHALMANNA|
|B.TECH ADMISSION 2020 – 21|
|PCM SCHOLERSHIP SCHEME|
|SL. NO.||DEPT.||SCHO. SCHEME||SCHO. AMOUNT|
|1||CE/ CSE/ IT/ ME/ ECE/ EEE||95% & ABOVE||100 % OF T F|
|90 TO 94.99%||50 % OF T F|
|2||CE/ CSE||85 TO 89.99 %||25 % OF T F|
|3||ME/ ECE/ EEE/ IT||80 TO 89.99 %||25 % OF T F|