Department of Information Technology
The Department of Information Technology of MEA Engineering College was established in 2002 by the affiliation of University of Calicut. The department is now affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (APJKTU).
The study of computing is the study of the process of abstraction and its power, the practice of design and method of best implementation, mathematical theory of computation and its limits. The list of knowledge areas at the undergraduate level thus include Discrete Structures, Algorithms and Complexity, Computational Theory, Computer Architecture, Programming Language Theory and Implementation, Database Systems, Operating Systems, Net-centric Computing and Software Engineering. Emphasis is also given to hardware architectural design and software system design. A set of elective courses addressing the advanced topics and applications are also offered at the senior level. The UG curriculum pays great attention to laboratory work to consolidate the theoretical concepts and their applications to solve real-life problems in diverse domains.
The fast changing scenario in Information Technology necessitates the Department to actively extend its research and development activities. The current research interests of the Department include major areas of research in Information technology.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO): B. Tech – IT
- To empower students to identify, formulate and solve computing problems by applying their knowledge in mathematics, theoretical computing and computer programming.
- To develop industry focused skills and leadership qualities to become successful engineers and entrepreneurs.
- To enable students to acquire skills to communicate effectively with the society and the constituents which enable them to collaborate as team members and team leaders.
- To instill professional work ethics and social responsibilities so that they can contribute to the betterment of the society as committed technical personnel.
- To inculcate a passion towards higher education, research and lifelong learning in the field of Information technology.
Vision & Mission
To be a Center of Excellence in the Discipline of Computing and become a pioneering research center by providing value added education to the students through entrepreneurship, academic and research oriented activities in the sector of Information Technology.
- To develop human resource with sound knowledge in the discipline of computing.
- To impart training in Information Technology fields and to formulate all students for fruitful careers focused on great Moral & Ethical strategies.
- To mould and cultivate Research & Innovation, Integrity, Team Work, Professionalism, Obligation and Empowerment among students.
- To inculcate innovation and motivation to update latest technologies in Information Technology enabled services.