Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering in MEA engineering college is established in the year 2002 with UG program (B.tech) under University of Calicut with an intake of 60 students.. In 2012 the department started its PG program specializing in Power Electronics and Drives with an intake of 18 students. In 2014, the strength of student is increased to 24. From 2015 onward both UG and PG programs are under Kerala Technological University. The department is now 14 years old with excellent facilities like well arranged class rooms, well equipped laboratories and seminar hall. . All our faculties are well qualified and experienced in both teaching and industrial area. As a part of an organization which work for center of excellence,we constantly motivate our students to thrive and survive the challenges of this world’s extreme competition. We regularly update our syllabi according to the requirement of the industry so that our students are aware about the latest development in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO): B. Tech – EEE
- To mould employable graduates with knowledge in Electrical & Electronics Engineering complemented by appropriate skills and attributes.
- To frame creative and innovative graduates equipped with design, analytical and soft skills, being able to carry out various engineering tasks and solve problems.
- To produce Engineers with good leadership skills, team spirit, right attitudes and professional ethics.
- To produce holistic graduates with sustainable development awareness.
- To inculcate in graduates research aptitude in the different areas of Electrical & Electronics Engineering with an urge for lifelong learning to be upfront in the technological frontier.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO): M. Tech – Power Electronics & Drives
- To mould program graduates with excellent knowledge in electrical engineering, particularly in power electronics and drives so as to comprehend, analyse, design and provide solutions for practical problems in engineering.
- Enable graduates to acquire knowledge and skills in the field of power electronics and drives to improve system performance with dimensional impact in society, economy and environment.
- To inculcate in program graduates research aptitude in the different areas of Power electronics and drives with an urge for lifelong learning to be upfront in the technological frontier.
- To produce innovative engineers with good leadership skills, team spirit, right attitudes and professional ethics.
Vision & Mission
To be a premier hub for producing Electrical and Electronics Engineering graduates trained of great scope, socially and professionally responsible to meet global challenges with cutting edge and innovative technologies.
- To create centre for knowledge transfer in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To emerge as a centre of excellence in promoting industry and academic partnership.
- To instigate research activities for students and faculties to make them innovator designers and solution providers.
- To meet various demands of the nation in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering by providing intellectual problem solving technologies with social and professional responsibilities.