Campus Networking Center
IT Hub of MEAEC
IT Hub of MEA Engineering College
Our college is fully equipped with round the clock internet facility with a speed of 50 Mbps, in collaboration with BSNL networks. WiFi facility is available for the entire campus including the hostels. Optical Fiber Connectivity is available to every department from Campus Networking Center. All the Computer Laboratories are connected to the internet through Manageable Switches. Cisco Networks and Cyberoam Firewall Provides the network availability and security. The high end networking devices provides simultaneous access of the servers to many users in additions to other users from their department through campus network. About 3000 users can simultaneously access the facilities of MEA Networks from their departments. Since all the Computer Systems in MEAEC are connected in a switched fiber optic campus network, one can access any resource from any node in the campus. A variety of software is also made available to the students and the users.
Services provided by Campus Networking Center (CNC)
- Internet service distribution (Wired or Wireless connectivity for all inmates of our campus)
- Maintenance of campus wide security surveillance system.
- Maintain the structured cabling of campus wide computer network and Optical Fiber campus backbone network.
- College Smart ID Card designing and Printing for all inmates of MEAEC.
- Development and maintenance of college website and web portal.
- Proper coordination of Academic Monitoring System (AMS).
- Maintenance of Digital Signage for digital notifications.
- Configuration and maintenance of SMS service for MEAEC.
- Provide Institutional E-mail Accounts for all inmates, in association with Google Apps for Education from Google.
- Proper Recording of AMC documents of UPS systems, Servers, Network devices and Computers Peripherals
- Organize Online Examinations for Companies during Training & Placement Sessions and GATE, CAT and IBPS online assessments in association with TCSiON projects of TCS.
- Framing technical specification for Server/Desktop/Laptop, providing technical support, assistance and guidance for purchase of IT Products Maintenance of computers and peripherals.
- Study and propose new technological implementation plan for the campus.
- Active contribution towards the admission process of the Institute
The current backbone of MEAEC campus networks is 20 Gbps, and optical fibers 1 Gbps link has been connected to every building within the College Campus, reaching 100% installed base.
Ethernet 1 Gbps link has been connected to every desktop systems inside campus, providing high quality network services.