STUDENTS GRIEVANCES REDRESSAL CELL (SGRC)
MEA Engineering College is committed to providing a safe, fair and harmonious learning and work environment. Grievance Redressal Cell was set up at our Institution in accordance with the AICTE Regulation Act 1987(AICTE Notification F. No. 37-3/legal 2012 dated 25/05/2012 and Notification of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University Thiruvananthapuram and University Grants Commission regulations 2012 (The Gazette of India, March 23-29, 2013), for handling day-to-day grievances related to students, parents.
Grievance Redressal Cell facilitates the resolution of grievances in a fair and impartial manner involving the respective Department /Institute (dealing with the substantive function connected with the grievance), maintaining necessary confidentiality, as the case may be. Any stakeholder with a genuine grievance may approach Grievance Redressal Cell to submit his/her grievance in an online mode https://meaec.linways.com/student/ or send through e-mail [email protected] . Your grievance will be redressed as earlier as possible based on the nature of the issue.
Our Institution, MEA Engineering College has decided to provide Good mechanism to the students for redressal of their grievances with regard to their complaints on academic and non-academic matters, grievances related to assessment, victimization, attendance, charging of fees, conducting of examinations, harassment by colleague students or teachers etc. There are Grievance Redressal Committees at the Programme (B.Tech/M.Tech) level and Institute level committee to deal with the grievances of the students. The details of these committees are furnished below:
Institute Level Committee will be as Under:
Chairman- Head of the Institute, Nodal officer (appointed by the Principal) and SGRC members including one Appellate Authority (constituted by Principal).
This committee will deal the Grievances directly which is related to the common problems at Institute level both academic and administrative. In addition, this committee will also entertain the appeal filed by the student against the decision of the SGRC. This committee will deal with all the Grievances directly which is related to the common problems at University level both Academic and Administrative. In addition, this committee will also entertain the appeal filed by student against the decision of the Institute level committee. There will be Grievance Redressal Committees at the University level to deal with the grievances of the students:
- To ensure a fair, impartial and consistent mechanism for redressal of varied issues faced by the stakeholders;
- To uphold the dignity of the Institution by promoting cordial Student-Student relationship, Student-teacher relationship, teacher-teacher relationship;
- To develop a responsive and accountable attitude among the stakeholders, thereby maintaining a harmonious atmosphere in the College campus;
- To ensure that grievances are resolved promptly, objectively and with sensitivity and in complete confidentiality;
- To ensure that the views of each grievant and respondent are respected and that any party to a grievance is neither discriminated against nor victimized;
- To advise stakeholders to respect the right and dignity of one another, and not to behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason
STRUCTURE OF THE STUDENTS GRIEVANCES REDRESSAL CELL MEMBERS (w e. f: 30.10.2019)
Students’ Grievance Redressal Cell (SGRC) is functioning in our Institution in the Civil Engineering Block Room No. CE05) with Mrs. Yasmin N. Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering as the nodal officer.
Chairman : Dr G. Ramesh, Principal
Nodal Officer : Mrs Yasmin N., Associate Professor
Mr Zubair C. K., Administration Manager
Mr Haneesh Babu K. T., Vice Principal
Mr Sreeram S., Dean (Academics)
Dr A. Sadiquali HoD, DMS
Mr Musthafa P., Asst. Professor, Dept. of EEE, Hostel Warden for Boys
Ms Rashida Farsath, Asst. Professor, Dept. of CSE, Hostel Warden for Girls
Ms Subi Krishna, Asst. Professor, Dept. of EEE
Ms Jessy John Vettath, Counsellor
If any complainant is not satisfied with then action taken by the principal as per the report of SGRC, the complainant can take up the matter with the Appellate Authority Prof. (Dr.) Abdul Salam V. H. Director MEA EC
MECHANISM FOR STUDENTS GRIEVANCES REDRESSAL
The students are the main stakeholders in any institution imparting education, and its our Endeavour to make all efforts to ensure transparency in all the activities at different stages. Taking this spirit in consideration the College has decided to provide mechanism to students for redressal of their grievances as under.
- Academic and Non-Academic
- Grievance related to Assessment and Victimization
- Grievance related to Attendance and charging of fees
- Grievance regarding conducting of Examinations
- Harassment by colleague students or the teachers etc.
TYPE OF GRIEVANCE SPECIFICATION
- ACADEMIC RELATED ISSUES: Admissions, Examinations, Assessments, Evaluation, Library facilities, Issuance of certificates, Research related issues, etc. Award of non-academic credits, Physical Education
- AMENITIES & MAINTENANCE: Hostel facilities –Allocation of rooms, Standard of meal, Wi-Fi internet connectivity, Utility-stores, Computer facilities, Drinking water, Sanitation & hygiene, Maintenance, etc.
- PLACEMENTS & INTERNSHIPS: On-campus or off-campus interviews, soft skills training, Internships, etc.
- GENERAL ADMINSTRATION: Students’ ID cards, Scholarships, HR related issues, Transportation.
- OTHER RELATED ISSUES: Safety & Security, Discipline, Misbehaviours, Emergency services.etc
PROCEDURE FOR REDRESSAL OF GRIEVANCES
- An aggrieved student who has the Grievance or Grievances at the B.Tech/M.Tech level shall submit the grievance to SGRC through online (ERP). The Nodal officer has to verify the Grievant information given by the applicant and according to the Grievance level, first discuss the members of SGRC, after verifying the facts will try to redress the grievance within a reasonable time, preferably within a week of the receipt of online application. If any complainant is not satisfied with then action taken by the principal as per the report of SGRC, the complainant can take up the matter with the Appellate Authority related SGRC of MEA Engineering College SGRC.
- If the student is not satisfied with the redressal offered by the Institute level and the appellate authority and feel that his/her Grievance is not redressed, he/she can submit an appeal to the University level committee through proper channel within a week from the date of receipt of decision with the relevant details, by addressing to the Chief Operating Officer, University level Committee.
- The University level committee would consider the appeal of the student and make appropriate recommendations to Vice Chancellor/Registrar/Controller of examinations/Students’ Dean within a reasonable time, preferably within 15 days. On approval by the Vice Chancellor/Registrar/Controller of examinations/Students’ Dean, the final decision would be communicated to the student through the Head of the Institute.
- The University Level Committee, if needed, may recommend to the Vice Chancellor/Registrar/Controller of examinations/Students’ Dean necessary corrective action as it may deem fit, to ensure avoidance of recurrence of similar grievance at any of the Institute under the University.
- While dealing with the complaint, the committee at all levels would observe law of natural justice and hear the complainant and concerned people.
- While passing an order on any Grievance at any level, the relevant provisions of Act/Regulations would be kept in mind and no such order would be passed in contradiction of the same.
- The student will submit the application of Grievance or appeal to the Institute level committee or University level committee, as the case may be, through the head of the Institution.
The information relating to the proceedings of grievances shall be treated as confidential and can be viewed only by the members of Students’ Grievance Redressal Cell, for the purpose of investigation. In order to monitor the redressal process from time to time the SGRC shall maintain a grievance register under the supervision of Nodal Officer of Students’ Grievance & Redressal Committee. Register will be treated as confidential and may not be accessed by anyone other than the members of Department Level or Institute Level Students’ Grievance & Redressal Committee. [Files under SGRC (Cases, minutes and communications)