Department of Mathematical Science
The Department of Mathematical Science (DMS for Short) at the MEA Engineering College is the center for Mathematical Education and Research in Pure &Applied Mathematics and also in Statistics. The department has important role in all other branches of engineering.
The department is headed by Mr. Sadiquali A, Asst Prof. Mathematics M Sc, B Ed, SET. Number of Assistant Professors: 11, M. Phil. holders : 01 research scholars: 01 and M. Phil. scholars : 04
- MA102 Differential Equations
- MA201 Linear Algebra & Complex Analysis
- MA202 Probability Distributions, Transforms and Numerical Methods
- CS201 Discrete Computational Structures
- MA204 Probability, Random Processes and Numerical Methods
- CS309 Graph Theory and Combinatorics
- Courses for M. Tech. Programme (CSE / PED / ECE):
- 09EC6211 Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- 09CS6111 Stochastic Process and Queuing Theory
- 09EE63 41 Advanced Mathematics
Mr Sadiquali A.
Objectives and Goals
“Excellence, Integrity, Leadership & Innovation”
- Develop and enhance the students’ problem solving skills.
- Achieve 100% pass in mathematical courses for the coming academic years.
- Encourage and reinforce the critical thinking skills of the students.
- Make every faculty member attain Ph.D. through the quality improvement programme and promote research publications by them, yearly.
- Provide an environment which will help all faculty members to achieve their professional endeavors in teaching, research and their professional goals.
- Provide a creative atmosphere in which higher studies and research thrive both among the students and the faculty members.
- Organize international /national conferences and seminars on current mathematical developments which will be of benefit to the students, staff members and community.
- Organize quality improvement programmes/faculty improvement programmes for faculty members of various engineering colleges.
Vision & Mission
To impart quality education to students and motivate them to apply the various mathematical techniques in their respective fields by providing innovative and high quality instruction with a team of superb faculty members.
To provide an environment where students can learn and become competent users of mathematics and mathematical applications and to provide the best quality instruction in Mathematical Science education for every student and build up the students’ reasoning and analytical skills.